Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Why, hello sweetie!

Hello and welcome to my brand-spanking-new blog. I have decided to (finally) create my own blog for two reasons. First, I have a need to write things down. Have you ever seen a movie or TV show where some teenage girl writes wistfully into her diary? Well, I was that girl. For a long time. I was also that girl with the journal in college. Oh, you know the girl I'm talking about. Her journal was tragically COOL-- it had entries in at least three different colored inks that included not only her ingenious scribblings, but also personal sketches and taped-in excerpts of her favorite articles and pictures that SIGNIFY her life (think: the lead characters' journals in the 1997 movie The Saint, only with more paint pen designs and holographic stickers).

My second reason for this blog is that somewhere along the line, I decided that I was funny. You can blame my friends and family for encouraging this. They've always laughed in all the right places during my anecdotes-- leading me to believe that I am a natural comedienne. Or at least wildly amusing. If they did this based on some misguided sense of affection, then every single friend/family member is to be held fully responsible for the (allegedly) abundant lack of humor found in this blog. [List of transgressors available upon re... uh, will sue if I name them.] So, if you feel compelled to state in my Comments Section how unfunny I am, then I say you are free to express that opinion. Just remember that I am just as free to ignore it.

Alright now. Here is what you should expect from a blog called A Mundane Life... with Jokes: mundane stuff (SURPRISE!!). Okay, okay. What I mean is that I intend to post anecdotes of the funny, strange and baffling things that happen to me in my regular, ordinary, plain-brown-paper-bag of a life. I will also describe in detail the many pet peeves that I have acquired over my 39 years. I should also admit that while most of my posts will be about current events, I will occasionally dip into my past for funny stuff. So, to the people in my life who may have heard those stories exactly one zillion times: tough.

Smooches,

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment