Friday, May 6, 2011

New and Improved!

So, when I first created this blog, I was really new to the whole blog-making concept. And let me tell you, I was overwhelmed. So many templates and designs and backgrounds and fonts and widgets and... Whew!

Needless to say, the look of my blog was a little claustrophobic. But my half-baked design took sooo long (three agonizing days!), that I said Screw It, Good Enough! Also, at the time, I had an older version of IE, which made working the Template Designer feel like I was using an Excel spreadsheet on a calculator watch. It was frustrating, is what I am saying.

Fast forward to today. I've got a more compatible version of IE, and some spare time. I had only planned to just play around with the Template Designer, but I stumbled upon a design I really love. It's certainly not original (it's one of the standard templates without any tweaks from me), but it's a breath of fresh air compared to what I had.

One more thing I found: I was able to change my settings so anybody can comment on my blog. I have gotten a lot of flack about that in the past. And I thought I couldn't change that. Looks like I can. Imagine that. Of course, this opens me up to possible abuse from trolls, but I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.

So, feast your eyes on the beauty that is my revamped blog. You're welcome (smiley face).

No comments:

Post a Comment