Thursday, April 28, 2011

High in Fiber

I can walk and chew gum. I can also pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time. (I AM multi-talented!) But apparently I cannot handle food and drive a car simultaneously. I've proved that with my misadventure at a Wendy's drive-through. Here is another example of my need to keep both hands at the 10 and 2 positions.

So, I'm driving home from work one evening, and I'm completely starving. Luckily, I still have two plums left over from lunch in my bag. While navigating the heavy rush-hour traffic on Canal Street, I manage to unzip my lunch bag and dig out one of the plums.

And man was that thing delicious! It was also gone in about four bites, which was a complete tease! But that's why I packed a second plum-- to keep the deliciousness going!

Determined to make the second plum last longer, I take smaller bites. I'm about three bites in when I come across the sticker. Dang! I'll need two hands to remove it, and downtown Chicago traffic is not the place to try out my no-handed driving skills. I am forced to wait until I reach a traffic light before I can continue eating my awesomely tasty plum.

Hey, wait a minute...

I didn't have a sticker issue with plum #1. Huh. Maybe the plum didn't have a sticker.

Oh, who am I kidding? Every plum that I packed in my lunch this week had a sticker on it. And I was too busy shoving plum #1 into my pie-hole to really look at it.

Let's face it: I ate that sticker.

Oh well, that sticker was delicious.

***********************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment